Producing Membership - $75/ Year of Access from date of purchase
A producing membership with SAW Video entitles members to access equipment and the use our post-production facilities. Producing members are entitled to all of the benefits of a basic membership as well as unlimited access to SAW Video's collaborative workspace, the Hub, during business hours (restrictions apply) and three complimentary private bookings of the Hub.
Who is Eligible for a Producing Membership?
- Independent video and media artists (Director/creator retains copyright and artistic control, and for which the production/work is neither being produced for a client nor for the purpose of advertising or promotion)
- Individuals with official training (from a post-secondary institution, SAW Video and or another artist run centre)
- Self-taught individuals who have at least two years of artistic working experience.
Who is Ineligible for a Producing Membership?
- Commercial/Freelance Professionals (Director/creator does not retain copyright and artistic control, director/creator is being paid under commercial contract for content and for which the production/work is being produced for a commercial client or for the purpose of advertising or promotion).
- Individuals without necessary official training (from a post-secondary institution, SAW Video and or another artist run centre).
- Individuals who produce content which promotes religion and or religious institutions, government bodies, etc.
All producing memberships must be purchased in person at SAW Video. We require valid government issued photo identification and may ask for access to demonstrations of your previous work.
SAW Video is able to provide subsidized resources to our artist community because we only make our resources available to independent artists. Commercial professionals should re-direct themselves to Vistek or Henry's.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for membership please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-238-7648 x. 4.