COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING MANAGER
Deadline for applications: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 5pm.
SAW Video Media Art Centre is seeking a talented, dynamic Communications and Marketing Manager to build and enhance communications at our busy centre. The successful candidate will promote SAW Video’s programming initiatives regionally, provincially, and nationally; enhance SAW Video’s profile through social media and in the press; and design and implement new marketing and promotional tools.
Established in 1981, SAW Video is Eastern Ontario’s largest and oldest media art centre. SAW Video provides many services to artists including affordable access to video production equipment and facilities, grant and mentorship programs, a comprehensive range of workshops as well as screenings and exhibitions.
Hours of work: 24 hours per week
Starting salary: $22,464 per annum/$18 per hour with health/dental benefits
- A university degree or college diploma in communications/PR/marketing or relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, bilingualism preferred;
- Experience in graphic design for print and web;
- Experience in media relations and in social media;
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, and Mailchimp;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Knowledge of contemporary media art practice would be a strong asset.
Please submit by email (email@example.com) in a single PDF the following documents:
- A letter of intent (up to 2 pages) describing your skills and experience as they relate to this position
- Curriculum vitae or resumé
- Links to online portfolio and campaign samples
Hiring Committee – Communications and Marketing Manager
SAW Video Association
67 Nicholas St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B9
Phone: (613) 238-7648
SAW Video seeks to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community and we encourage racialized or Indigenous individuals to apply. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About SAW Video:
SAW Video is a not-for-profit, artist-run media art centre that fosters the growth and development of artists through access to equipment, training, mentorship, and programming. Our mission is to support a diverse community of media artists empowered by technology, programming and the exchange of ideas.
For more information on SAW Video, check out our web site: www.sawvideo.com